Winner of the ISPO Gold Award 2021
For ambitious ski mountaineers who need a fully featured, comfortable winter pack for multi-day routes that keeps all their hardwear close to hand when moving through, steep icy terrain.
Manufactured in an environmentally sustainable way: The main fabric is 100% recycled and bluesign®-certified, which means that the entire process by which it is made is sustainable. And just like all of deuter’s products, the Freescape Pro is also free from PFCs.
CARRY COMFORT AND EASY HANDLING
The deuter Alpine back system keeps the load close to the body’s center of gravity for a comfortable, secure and effortless carry. A secondary zipper opening on the back makes contents easy to access while having skis, a snowboard or crampons attached to the front of the pack. The U-shaped back opening runs below the shoulder strap anchor points, so that none of the straps get in the way. Covered in snow-resistant fabric, the back system also stays dry when accessing contents via the back zipper.
A cellphone can be securely stashed in the zipper side pocket. This makes it easy to access in an emergency. It is also easy to access in an emergency, even in bad visibility. Keeping your phone separate from your avalanche beacon also means you’ll avoid any signal interference.
Includes clever features like a built-in, detachable mesh helmet holder that’s easy to attach to the front of the pack or stash. A dedicated, reinforced avalanche equipment compartment on the front provides plenty of space for safety equipment, and with a wide-aperture opening, provides quick access in an emergency. There is a fleece-lined pocket in the lid to safely stow your goggles.
There are various options to attach skis, There are various options to attach skis, a snowboard or crampons onto the outside of the pack using the two dedicated modular gear straps.
RESISTANT AND WATER RESISTANT
Fabric on the front of the pack is highly durable to withstand the wear and tear of equipment being strapped onto it.
- Delrin® U-frame
- deuter Alpine back system
- hips fins with one gear loop, ice clipper slot and zipper pocket
- side compression straps
- reinforced ski loops on the side
- adjustable sternum strap with whistle buckle
- water-resistant zipper
- stabilizer straps
- zipper lid pocket with separate, fleece-lined goggles pocket
- glasses stow system on shoulder strap
- front compartment to stow maps and with built-in, detachable helmet holder
- dedicated avalanche equipment compartment with reinforced shovel sleeve and organizer pockets
- two separate, stowable gear straps to affix skis (diagonally), a snowboard or crampons
- zip around rear opening for quick access without having to unstrap skis/board etc.
- cellphone pocket at the side
- zipper mesh pocket in main compartment
- stretch inner compartment
- height-adjustable lid with two zipper pockets
- hydration compatible (3 l)
- two ice axe attachments (upper Velcro loops can be detached)
- hard-wearing and water-resistant fabric on the front
- snow-resistant fabric on back system
- rope strap
- main fabric is 100% recycled and bluesign®-certified.