High altitude expeditions and high resistance in extreme weather conditions.
High Lab line tent, the Pilier represents the perfect synthesis of Ferrino’s great experience in mountain expeditions. Renewed in detail and always suitable for the most extreme uses, it is the ideal travel companion for those l ooking for a reliable and durable product that can be adapted to the most complex and different natural environments.
With a geodesic shape, available from 2 or 3 places, the Pilier has been chosen by numerous mountaineers for high altitude expeditions where the weather conditions are always very strict. The main and innovative feature is the external poles system which allows a very rapid assembly. During this delicate moment, i n case of adverse weather conditions, the inner chamber doesn’t risk getting wet and is also eliminated the risk of losing some components.
Precisely for these particular characteristics, it was chosen by the Spanish mountaineer Alex Txikon for his expedition AX Road to Himalayas 19-20 that will see him i n the challenge of climbing on the highest peaks of the planet.
- Structure: Geodetic
- Materials: Fly sheet i n 50D Polyester Ripstop, 80 g/m2, with polyurethane coating, waterproof to 4000 mm. Water-repellent and FR treated | Inner tent / Water-repellent and breathable 70D Polyester Ripstop,
55 g/m2 , with FR treatment. | Floor 70D, 95 g/m2 polyester, coated with polyurethane, waterproof to 8,000
mm, water repellent and FR treated | Clear window in TPU | Taped seams to guarantee total waterproofing |
Three-layer construction to reinforce the oor corners.
- Poles: Poles i n 7001 T6 tempered aluminium alloy: light, strong and elastic | 3 poles i n shock-corded aluminium in different colours for easier set up | Inner tent hung from the y-sheet using elastic tapes, rings and
toggles | “V shape” aluminium pegs.
- Entrance and ventilation: Front vestibule | Room door with mosquito net exterior that opens out fully
and folds into a special pocket | Ventilation sleeves that can be closed from the inside
- Storage: Internal storage pockets and l oops | “Ambient l ight” l ight diffuser pockets | Removable storage
on the ridge, inside the tent.
- Accessories: System to fasten the y-sheet to the i nner tent with aluminium buckles for optimum tensioning between the two parts. | Tape l oops on oor corners to secure the tent, if set up on snow, using ice axes, skis or other moorings. | Multipoint guy l ine system to prevent the breakage or deformation of poles in strong winds | Fluorescent guy line pulls | Stuff sack for tent included | Repair kit included | Instruction video activated with QR code.