One tree, 175 Tree-Kånkens. The plant-based Pine Weave is a new benchmark for cellulosic (plant-based) fabric and makes its debut in the Tree-Kånken backpack. With Tree-Kånken, Fjällräven’s product development team went to new levels to explore raw materials that are not fossil-based. The result is a backpack where the main fabric and lining is made of wood that comes from a clearly defined area close to the brand’s hometown of Örnsköldsvik, Sweden. The wood is processed into a 100% plant-based cellulose yarn, which is then woven into a unique cellulosic fabric.
- A unique new Kånken with main material and lining in Pine Weave, our unique fabric made from 100% plant-based cellulose fibers.
- Volume-based traceability with raw materials from certified spruce and pine trees cultivated in Sweden.
- Large flat front pocket with vertical zipper.
- Loops on the front that can be used to attach a bike light.
- Straps for securing an extra jacket or a yoga mat underneath.
- Reflective logo on the front.
- Sizes: One size
- Material*: 100% lyocell
- Lining: 100% lyocell
- Webbing: 100% polypropylene
- Height: 36 cm
- Depth: 14 cm
- Volume: 16 L
- Weight: 410 gr.