From 4km to 111km, the Salomon Gore-Tex® MaXi-Race comprises ten different races over three days, from 26 to 28 May.
“Developed by runners, for runners“, all the race formats on offer are open to amateur and elite athletes alike and give each participant the freedom to choose the appropriate distance.
Now in its 6th year, the event has become one of the key dates in the trail running calendar. A good number of elite runners will be competing, in the new 110km course and in the 83 km and 42km races. The amateurs will take in the spectacular scenery of the peaks surrounding the lake and Mont Blanc watching over from a distance, whilst running the lush, green trails, in turn flowing and technical, with some typical Haut-Savoyard elevation changes to kick off the season!
While the runners are training, the organisers are making the final preparations: trail recce, organising the 500 volunteers, preparing the refreshments, etc.
· Registered: 7500
· Ladies: 1774
· 1958 have taken part in a previous MaXi-Race event
· 46 nationalities represented
· 2500 from the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region (the most represented French region)
· 500 volunteers
· In total, around 30,000 litres of liquid consumed by the runners: 9200 litres of water at the water points made available by the communes to reduce as much as possible the use of water bottles
· 3600 litres of bottles Mont-Blanc water in the areas without access to drinking water
· 3780 litres of St Yorre at the refreshment points
· 6500 0,5l bottles of St Yorre given out at the finish line
· 2700 litres of Pepsi
· 4000 litres of Gatorade
· 20 pallets of drinks consumed in a single weekend!
· 800 police barriers and 100 Heras fences set up for the weekend by our volunteers
· 7000 fluorescent yellow tapes to mark the course, retrieved by the “closers” to be reused the following year
· 10,000 km travelled by a fleet of next-generation, eco-friendly, low emissions, electric and conventional vehicles, provided by our partner, NISSAN.
MaXi-Village: over 1000m2 dedicated to outdoor sports, where you can meet the professionals, seek advice, and check out the latest equipment.
From 12.30am Friday 26 May to 6pm Sunday 28 May 2017- Annecy Le Vieux – plage d’Albigny
A place for sharing stories and exchanging ideas about a shared passion, where:
Runners can collect their bibs.
Professionals can publicise their brands, their products and the latest innovations.
Race organisers can promote their events.
Participants can meet first-hand with the professionals, seek advice and discover sports products which meet their needs.
Limited to 45 exhibitors, over 20,00 visitors expected.
Our Partners: Apyforme Center, MaXi-Race Shop, Endurance-Shop, Evo Tente, Gatorade, Maxi-bière by la sportive, Salomon, Sportraxs -GPS Tracking, Suunto, Ultimum.
Brands: Annecy Cosmetics, Baouw ! Organic Nutrition, Chaussette de France, Columbia Sportswear, Compex, Compressport, Craft-Salming, Dynafit, Hoka One One, Ice Breaker, Julbo, Life+ / shock absorber, Meltonic, Montura Sport Annecy, Nic Impex, Oh mon jus, Pain montagnard, Raidlight, Scarpa, Ultimate, Scott, Synerj health – Maca du perou, Tecnica, Tsl Outdoor.
Races: Luchon Aneto Trail, MaXi-Race China, Montreux Trail Festival, Trail Faverges Seythenex, Ultra-Trail®Cote d’Azur, Mercantour.
Elite Runners: The bar is set high for this 6th edition of the MaXi Race with a number of big names in the international line-up. The latest entries are Yan LongFe of China in the 110km, and Moritz auf der Heide of Germany in the 42km. List of favourites attached.
Where to see the runners? All viewing points are accessible to those with reduced mobility except the Mont Baron climb, which can only be reached on foot.
Friday 26 May 2017: 6pm/7.30pm: Petit port – Start of the Vertical Race every 10 seconds
Saturday 27 May 2017
· 1.50am (Ultra-Race) – 5.20am (MaXi-Race & R-Race): Pâquier / Pont des Amours
· 3.15am (Ultra-Race) – 6.50am (MaXi-Race & R-Race): Summit of Semnoz « Restaurant Le Courant d’Ere »
· 3.50am (Ultra-Race) – 7.20am (MaXi-Race & R-Race): St Eustache
· 8.50am0 (Ultra-Race) – 9.10am (MaXi-Race & R-Race): Salle des Fêtes de Doussard
· 10am (Ultra-Race) – 10.10am (MaXi-Race & R-Race): Col de la Forclaz
· 10.15am (Ultra-Race) – 10.40am (MaXi-Race & R-Race): Chalet de l’Aulp climb
· 12pm (Ultra-Race) – 12pm (MaXi-Race & R-Race): Menthon St Bernard Gymnasium
· 1.30pm (Ultra-Race) – 13.25pm (MaXi-Race & R-Race): Summit of Mont Baron (on foot)
· 2.10pm (Ultra-Race) – 2pm (MaXi-Race & R-Race): Petit Port Annecy le Vieux.
Sunday 28 May 2017
· 7.34am (XL-Race) – 8.3am4 (Marathon-Race: Chalet de l’Aulp
· 9.48am (XL-Race) – 9.48am (Marathon-Race): Summit of Mont Baron (on foot)
· 10.54am (XL-Race) – 10.54am (Marathon-Race): Petit Port – Annecy Le Vieux
· 11.20am (XL-Race) – 11.20am (Marathon-Race): Plage d’Albigny – Finish