The Polartec APEX Awards is the annual celebration of design-driven brands that push the boundaries of style and fabric performance. Every year a select group rise above for going beyond the expectations of what performance apparel can be. As the creators of innovative and sustainable textile solutions, we are inspired year after year how performance fabrics, in the hands of the right designer, can seem to work like magic.
APEX Award Winners are the embodiment of Polartec fabric innovation and design inspiration, celebrating the Science of Fabric and Art of Apparel. Each winner receives The Malden, an industry award unlike any other. Forged in fire & metal as an everlasting symbol of their design achievement.
- 66°North x Ganni Kria NeoShell Jacket, a collaboration merging Iclandic technical know-how with Danish style, referencing 66°North’s first outdoor performance jacket from the 90s, with Polartec® NeoShell®, the most breathable waterproof fabric
- 8Js Jackie Blazer, a technical reinterpretation of the classic menswear style from the emerging motorsports-inspired Italian fashion label, constructed from highly breathable and water resistant Polartec® Power Shield® Pro soft shell, with breathable military-grade Polartec® Alpha® insulation
- Bally Super Smash Techno Jacket, a masterpiece of three Polartec technologies––Polartec® NeoShell® breathable waterproof exterior, military-grade Polartec® Alpha® insulation, and cozy Polartec micro fleece lining––from the Swiss fashion brand
- Burton Mine77 Power Air Top and Power Air Pants, a versatile top and bottom combo employing new Polartec® Power Air™ fabric which encapsulates air to regulate body heat while minimizing fiber shedding, part of Jake Burton’s Mine77 signature product collection
- Crazy Idea T-Shirt Delta Woman, a technical shirt from the Italian ski touring company, designed for summer training, with Polartec® Delta™ cooling fabric
- Diadora x LC23 N9000 H Leo Colacicco, an innovative version of Diadora’s original running shoe, with a striking Polartec® Thermal Pro® shearling fleece upper and nubuck details
- Dudley Stephens Ashford Poncho, an elevated poncho silhouette with a stand-up collar and flattering cut, wearable over the shoulders or zipped for indoor-outdoor versatility, made of a Polartec® Thermal Pro® fleece with a curly pile aesthetic
- Fusalp Monza Combinasion, a Formula 1-inspired ski suit made of breathable military-grade Polartec® Alpha® insulation for a combination of thermoregulation, lightweight free movement and slenderness from the French ski apparel brand
- Giro Emerge, Jackson, Range, Union, Vue and Zone MIPS, premium snow helmets lined with Polartec® Power Grid® fabric for ultimate fit, moisture management and temperature regulation
- Globe Polartec Crew, a crewneck sweater with a complex design featuring a unique patchwork construction of Polartec® 300 series shearling fleeces from the Australian skate and surf brand
- LC23 Coat Thermal Pro, a smart trench coat made of a Polartec® Thermal Pro® fleece with a sweater knit aesthetic, from the emerging Italian fashion label
- No Bull Soft Shell Jacket, a versatile full-zip hooded jacket made of highly breathable and water-resistant Polartec® Power Shield® Pro fabric for comfort throughout a wide range of conditions and activity levels, from the athletic training brand
- Santini Adapt Bib Tight, Alpha Baselayer, Alpha Under-Gloves and Vega Multi Jacket, advanced cold weather cycling solutions including a bib tight made of a new compression version of Polartec® Power Wool™, baselayers and under-gloves made of naked Polartec® Alpha® Direct insulation, and a jacket made of Polartec® Power Shield® Pro, all providing exceptional breathability, moisture management and thermoregulation for complete thermal balance in diverse climatic conditions from the Italian cycling brand