The 2020 edition of the Volvic Volcanic Experience will take place from May 21st to 23rd 2020. Following the success encountered in 2019
during its previous edition, the event’s organization has announced the same formats for its trail races, hikes and entertainment with, as usual, a myriad of activities and concerts each evening.
The Volvic Volcanic Experience – also known as the VVX – offers an athletic immersion into what is one of France’s most iconic landscapes: the Chaîne des Puys – Faille de Limagne, recently designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site! And it’s precisely at the heart of this unique natural site, shaped over the years by volcanoes, stone and water, that the VVX embarks all athletes, trail runners and hikers on an odyssey of the senses through its pristine natural landscapes.
- The Great Volcanic Crossing Experience « XGTV® » 220 km – 8110 m elevation gain & 8780 m elevation loss, solo competitors and 2 person teams / limited to 20 teams of 2 and 20 solo competitors
- 110 km, The Chaîne des Puys-Faille de Limagne Trail Experience
110 km in teams of 1, 2 or 3 people – 3500 m elevation gain / limited to 600 participants
- 43 Km, The Volvic Impluvium Trail Experience. 43 km – 1700 m elevation gain / Limited to 600 participants
- 25 km, The Volcanic Trail Experience. 25 km – 1000m elevation gain / Limited to 600 participants
- 15km, The Lava Trail Experience. 15 km – 450 m elevation gain / limited to 600 participants and the VVX KID’S TRAIL.
Open to children born between 2006 and 2014, divided into 3 separate race categories:
– The red course: 500 m / 10 m elevation gain. Open to children born in 2014, 2013, and 2012.
– The blue course: 700 m / 15 m elevation gain. Open to children born in 2011, 2010, and 2009.
– The yellow course: 1100 m / 20 m elevation gain. Open to children born in 2008, 2007, and 2007.
Limited to 250 participants.
Inscriptions are open.