The world’s leading trade show for sports is being held as an online event for the first time this year. From February 1 to 5, more than 500 international companies will showcase new products and innovations at ISPO Munich Online. In addition, the digital conference program with around 80 lectures and panel discussions and over 100 workshops will provide valuable insights for retailers and the sports and outdoor industry. On all days of the event, consumers have the opportunity to follow topic-specific sessions in free public streams.
- More than 500 exhibitors participate in virtual Expo Area
- Digital conference with about 80 presentations and panel discussions and more than 100 workshops
- Daily: Free public streams for sports and outdoor enthusiasts
In just a few days, the first digital edition of ISPO Munich will start with the motto “Sport is stronger”. For one week, decision-makers from the international sports industry will exchange ideas and discuss important aspects around the main topics of health, sustainability and creativity.
Expo Area – this is what awaits visitors to the digital trade fair
More than 500 international companies have registered for the digital industry summit. Among others, adidas Terrex, Gore-Tex, icebreaker, Mammut, myclimate and unzer will be represented with their own brandrooms in the Expo Area during the first week of February. There, the brands present their novelties and products by means of pictures, presentations and videos. At the same time, participants are able to make direct personal contact with the companies via the brandroom.
Conference – many topics are aimed at retailers
How does digitalization help to make retail fit for the future? What is industry doing to achieve the UN’s Social Development Goals (SDGs)? What socio-political relevance do sports offerings have in the pandemic? Answers to these and many other questions are provided by the ISPO Munich Online Conference. In about 80 presentations and panel discussions as well as more than 100 workshops and master classes, representatives from different industries will discuss solutions, opportunities and visions. The general conference language is English, individual program items will be held in German.
Some Highlights from the conference program:
- Monday, February 1:
- Panel “RESTART winter sports industry: We need to act now across industries and countries“ with elan, Intersport, uvex and the Verband Deutscher Sportfachhandel (VDS)
- Tuesday, February 2:
- “The Future of Retail: How to get sustainable by digitization- showcase of Tegut”
- Wednesday, February 3:
- Panel “Socio-political relevance of sport offers in the pandemic“ with speakers of the German Bundestag, the German Gymnastics Federation, the Deutscher Industrieverband für Fitness und Gesundheit (DIFG) as well as the sports scientist and health expert Dr. Ingo Froböse from the German Sport University Cologne
- Thursday, February 4:
- Panel “Teaming up for Circularity“ with representatives of the EU, adidas and Fashion for Good
- Panel “Sustainability – A collaboration Imperative for our industry“ with Gore, HIGG, Mammut and Salomon
- Friday, February 5:
- Roundtable “Why should physical activity be part of the sustainability agenda?“ with representatives of the European Championships Munich 2022, the It’s Great Out There Coalition and the Fenix Group as well as Kilian Jornet
Public Streams – the B2C sessions of ISPO Munich Online
In addition to the trade visitors, end consumers will also be given the opportunity to participate digitally in ISPO Munich for the first time this year. The Public Streams offer free sessions on various topics every evening. These range from film screenings of the European Outdoor Film Tour and the Freeride Film Festival to workouts with Blackroll, Peloton and Technogym, to the “Sustainability & Safety Talk” with ABS and PYUA.
Digital invitation tool for high visitor frequency
In order to promote the feeling of an on-site industry meeting place and networking even in a virtual setting, Messe München supports the participating companies, as Dr. Jeanette Friedrich, Global ISPO Group Director, explains: “Regardless of whether online or on-site, the appropriate visitors are crucial for a successful event. With our digital invitation tool, we offer all exhibitors and partners the free opportunity to invite their most important contacts in a straightforward manner. Thus, we ensure that international traders and stakeholders will visit the virtual format.” The invitation tool allows exhibitors to provide customers and partners with unlimited free tickets to the Expo Area.
“We’re really looking forward to meeting all our partners, colleagues and friends in the industry again, at least digitally, and moving forward together!” concludes Friedrich.
INFO: ISPO Munich Online